HOURS ARE MONDAY-THURSDAY, 3:00 pm -12:30 am AND FRIDAY 10:00 am-2:00 pm
ATL Corp is an ISO 13485:2016 certified, cGMP compliant manufacturer of custom labels, die cut components, multi-layer laminations, and converted products for biotech & life since, commercial, consumer, electronics, food & beverage, industrial, medical device and pharmaceutical markets.
The press operator uses flexographic printing presses for manufacturing custom products within the medical, industrial, direct mail, and security industries. He/she produces a product based on design specifications and is responsible for product quality, spoilage rates, and other efficiency measures. The press operator is also responsible for performing routine preventative maintenance and keeping press equipment and work area clean and organized.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Set up and operate flexographic presses
- Read job specifications and mount plates
- Reviews jobs at press to recommend most efficient and effective way to manufacture products
- Set-up and insert rotary dies
- Splices roll material together
- Adjusts speed, tension, and alignment as necessary to ensure quality product
- Performs quality inspection to ensure product meets stringent quality standards and customer and engineering specifications
- Removes waste rolls and finished rolls from press
- Attaches, operates, and detaches finishing equipment used on press
- Completes all final inspection paperwork for jobs being finished on press
- Completes job related documentation
- Tracks time and materials used at press by entering data in job costing module. (Label Traxx)
- Checks on status of component parts before beginning job set-up to ensure that all parts are available
- Washes up press efficiently to minimize the amount of time needed for the next set-up
- Performs daily preventative maintenance. Fills out request forms when additional maintenance is required. Submits these forms to the production lead
ATL operates in a FDA regulated environment where perfection is expected.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Strong knowledge of flexographic operations
- Solid mechanical aptitude
- Experience in selection of anilox rollers and plate mounting
- Rotary die cutting experience
- Knowledge of ink mixing/color matching
- Attention to detail and accuracy with high-level of quality consciousness
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret job specifications and work with drawings and written instructions
- Ability to multi-task with strong problem solving skills
- Ability to work in an individual and team environment
- Mathematical, calculator and ruler competent. Must have ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. The employee must be able to read a ruler and convert measurements from fractions to decimal equivalents and vice versa quickly and accurately
- Basic computer knowledge
- Excellent attendance and punctuality